Elisa Jordan, whose regular column on Marilyn is published at the Examiner, has launched an entertainment tour company, L.A. Woman. Her ‘Marilyn’s Hollywood’ tour will go ahead next month:
- Noon-4 p.m., Sat., July 28 and 2:30-6:30, Sun., August 5
- Reserve your seat at http://lawomantours.com/marilynshollywood/
- Cost: $60 per person (Tours takes place in a comfortable mini coach that makes various stops for photo opportunities, so remember to bring a camera.)
- Departs from The Hollywood Museum, 1660 N. Highland Ave. (corner of Hollywood & Highland)
- Some of what you will see: the orphanage where Norma Jeane dreamed of becoming a star, the former beauty salon where she first became a blonde, the restaurant where she met Joe DiMaggio on a blind date, and the nightclub where she stood up for civil rights.