If you’re planning a trip to Los Angeles next month to pay your respects to Marilyn on the 52nd anniversary of her death, then be sure to check out the upcoming Marilyn’s Hollywood excursion from L.A. Woman Tours on August 2nd. Tickets available here.
This year’s memorial weekend – sponsored by Marilyn Remembered – features tributes at the Hollywood Museum, a ‘Marilyn’s Hollywood’ day-trip organised by L.A. Woman Tours, and of course the annual service at Westwood. More details, including booking information, here.
Elisa Jordan, whose regular column on Marilyn is published at the Examiner, has launched an entertainment tour company, L.A. Woman. Her ‘Marilyn’s Hollywood’ tour will go ahead next month:
- Noon-4 p.m., Sat., July 28 and 2:30-6:30, Sun., August 5
- Reserve your seat at http://lawomantours.com/marilynshollywood/
- Cost: $60 per person (Tours takes place in a comfortable mini coach that makes various stops for photo opportunities, so remember to bring a camera.)
- Departs from The Hollywood Museum, 1660 N. Highland Ave. (corner of Hollywood & Highland)
- Some of what you will see: the orphanage where Norma Jeane dreamed of becoming a star, the former beauty salon where she first became a blonde, the restaurant where she met Joe DiMaggio on a blind date, and the nightclub where she stood up for civil rights.