Los Angelenos, please note: Elisa Jordan of L.A. Woman Tours is leading a special tour of Marilyn’s Hollywood in partnership with Dearly Departed Tours on February 14 (St. Valentine’s Day,)
Jean Harlow, the original ‘blonde bombshell’, was an inspiration to Marilyn, and their lives and careers had many striking parallels. On Sunday, June 9th, L.A. Woman Tours will lead fans on a special trip exploring her haunts, with author Darrell Rooney (Harlow in Hollywood) as co-host.
Elisa Jordan, whose regular column on Marilyn is published at the Examiner, has launched an entertainment tour company, L.A. Woman. Her ‘Marilyn’s Hollywood’ tour will go ahead next month:
- Noon-4 p.m., Sat., July 28 and 2:30-6:30, Sun., August 5
- Reserve your seat at http://lawomantours.com/marilynshollywood/
- Cost: $60 per person (Tours takes place in a comfortable mini coach that makes various stops for photo opportunities, so remember to bring a camera.)
- Departs from The Hollywood Museum, 1660 N. Highland Ave. (corner of Hollywood & Highland)
- Some of what you will see: the orphanage where Norma Jeane dreamed of becoming a star, the former beauty salon where she first became a blonde, the restaurant where she met Joe DiMaggio on a blind date, and the nightclub where she stood up for civil rights.